T I M E : prep- 15 mins / dehydrating – 4 hours
H E A L T H Y : Super duper
Y U M M I N E S S: crunchy spicy deliciousness. 100x better than potato chips
S E R V I N G S : the hungry solo chips eater: 1 / the light snack eater who shares with friends: 4
I N G R E D I E N T S
+ a whole bundle of fresh kale ( you can use whatever type of kale you like)
+ 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
+ 1/4 cup nutritional yeast ( for a nice cheesy flavour)
+ curry spices
+ olive oil/ sunflower oil
+ salt & pepper
>> curry spices
+ turmeric powder
+ paprika powder
+ onion powder
+ garlic powder / 2 cloves of fresh garlic ( I prefer the powder as the fresh garlic is a little to intense)
+ chili pepper flakes
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. Chop or tear with your hands the kale in parts and place it in a big bowl. Make sure not to use the stem as it’s quite bitter.
2. Grind the sunflower seeds with a mortar and pestle or use a blender
3. Mix all the curry spices and add nutritional yeast and crushed sunflower seeds.
4. Add the mixture and some toil to your kale and carefully mix it with your hands until every kale leave is covered in spices.
5. Let is rest for about ½ hour. The kale needs this time to soak in the spice mixture.
6. Place all the kale leaves in the dehydrator and let it dry for about 3-4 hours. Done!
*If you don’t own a dehydrator, you can either dry the kale on a very warm spot in your house for 12 hours ( or more) or you can use the oven. With both ways I have no experience, so you have to look it up online .