T I M E : Quick – 10 mins
H E A L T H Y : super
Y U M M I N E S S: very tasty and green
S E R V I N G S : 2 bowls
What is nice cream?
At its simplest, nice cream is frozen bananas blended up into soft serve. Just add a little liquid to smoothen the frozen bananas and you are all set. This vegan treat is just as delicious as ice cream without the need for added sugar or a complicated ice cream maker — you only need a blender.
With this as a base, you can make tons of delicious desserts or smoothie bowl variations.
I N G R E D I E N T S
>> Nice cream
+ 2-3 frozen bananas (sliced)
+ 2 spoons of soy vanilla ice cream – optional
+ 4 kale leaves
+ 2 celery sticks
+ juice from 1 orange
+ juice from half a lemon
+ a teeny tiny bit of water
+ rolled oats
+ chopped walnuts
+ hemp hearts
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. If you have super ripe bananas, slice them up and place them in the freezer. The riper the banana the tastier the nice cream.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender besides the water.
3. While blending, add a little bit of water at a time until you get the right consistency. It should be smooth as soft serve.
4. We use a high speed blender, so our nice cream is ready within 20 sec. With a normal blender it will take some more time and it might not get as smooth as with the high speed blender. Anyway give it a shot.
5. Divide the nice cream over two bowls and top it off with nuts and seeds.
* As for the topping, you can use everything from fruits to nuts to chocolate, whatever you fancy. I like grains and nuts the most as they give me extra energy.